Chopta is popular as the mini Switzerland in Uttarakhand. It is an unspoiled beauty with a wide variety of flora and fauna. It is situated at distance of about 450kms from New Delhi via Rishikesh & is located at an altitude of 2700 mts, in the Rudraprayag District of Uttarakhand State.
Chopta is a must visit destination for nature lovers and those who are passionate for trekking. Chopta has a very cool and pleasant climate from March to May with the temperature between 10 °C and 30 °C.
It is fully covered with snow during winters and during the same time, some of the routes going to Chopta are blocked. An alternative route to Chopta is from Deoria Tal, which is 10–12 km trek that starts from Deorial Tal. Deoria Tal can be approached from Saari Village. It can be taken during winter season. So, trekkers must visit the place during winters if they want to see snowfields
Activities in Chopta:
- Camping and trekking, yoga, survival activity
- Snow trekking, snow skiing
- Rock craft, rock climbing, rappelling
- One of the Shortest Trek to reach the altitude of 4000 mts.
- Famous for Tungnath Temple (Panch Kedar)
- Easily accessible by road from Delhi NCR region
Hotel Narayan Palace